Celebrating Prince: Day 6 She's Always in My Hair





"She's Always in My Hair" was a single on the B-side of "Raspberry Beret" in the United States, and in the U.K. It was on the B- side of "Paisley Park." This track immediately s tarts off with a heavy rock & roll guitar presence and a Linn LM-1 drum machine. The slow drag of the beat gives you a psychedelic vibe that is challenges you not to nod your head and stomp your feet.

Prince starts off with his deep melodic voice that makes you feel for him when he describes how he sometimes, "feels like giving up," yet this woman is "always there." The song reaches a crescendo with a guitar solo that makes me wish to hell that I played guitar.

I first heard this song when I was in high school. It got lots of radio play and hit the top 40. It was a staple at any party at that time.

The below video is from an episode of "The Arsenio Hall Show."  That night Prince took over the show and it was another funky production that was worth waiting up to see.


Comments