Celebrating Prince: Day 25 Pop Life



If you are ever down and need a pick me up, just turn on this track. "Pop Life" is a dance hit that never fails to get the crowd dancing. You can find this song on the 1985 release of the Around the World in a Day album.

"Pop Life" was a regular crowd pleaser at the local roller skating rink. My friends and I would gather at the rink and hang out, but when this song came on, we would crowd the floor trying to show off our moves and attempt to do tricks.

The "Pop Life (Fresh Dance Mix)" was a 12" release that became a teenage club banger for the 18 and under crowd. I'm sure they 21 and over crowd loved it to but, I couldn't tell you because I was too young to witness.

This song is very bass-heavy and I love it. Prince also used a heavy bass on songs like "Sexy Dancer," "Lady Cab Driver," "La La La, Hee, Hee, Hee," "17 Days," and many more. If you love a good bass guitar, take a minute to go back and relive those songs again.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.