Skip to main content

Celebrating Prince: Day 12 Delirious


Have you ever heard a song and you hated, then suddenly you didn't hate it quite so much anymore?

It's funny because when I first heard this song, I did not like it at all. Couldn't stand it actually. It is no secret that Prince drew creative inspiration from various performers before him. It is no secret that he was inspired by Jimi Hendrix, Joni Mitchell, Stevie Wonder, and more. But not many know that Prince also drew inspiration from Elvis Presley.

I was never a fan of Elvis Presley, and I knew instantly that this was an ode to Elvis. I knew that Prince was a music connoisseur, but bleh, I could not get over this track.

However, with a lack of technology and no ability to just skip past the track like we can now, the more I heard it, the more I began to enjoy the song. Plus, all that hip thrusting and twisting during performances may have helped just a bit.

Because of all of this, "Delirious" makes the list, despite my earlier reservations upon first hearing the song.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Boy! Kal’El Joseph Riley

Terri J. Vaughn and hubby Karon Riley had a healthy baby boy last Monday. Terri spent six hours in labor and gave birth to little Kal’El Joseph Riley at 6:05 P.M.

He weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 19.5 inches long.

Congrats to the couple.

Jennifer Love Hewitt Fat? Please...

Jennifer Love Hewitt fans have been dogging her out on the Net saying they can't believe she's let herself go and 'oh my God she's SO fat!'

The girl is a size freakin' 2! Are they on crack?

Oh I get it, they've finally seen some pics of a celebrity that weren't air brushed and they couldn't handle it.... let me explain: What you see on TV, in magazines and online is a bunch of lighting, air brushing and hair & make up trickery. There, carry on please.

Michael Jackson: Before & After Thriller

As you may know by now, Michael Jackson will be on the December 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine. They are showcasing him 25 years after "Thriller".

I commend him on still trying to be out there after years of controversy and court cases, but I wish the man had stayed out of the plastic surgeon's office.

Here's Micheal Jackson before "Thriller"



Here's Micheal Jackson during "Thriller"



And here's Micheal Jackson 25 years after "Thriller"



Who's Bad??