Skip to main content

Celebrating Prince: Day 1 I Wanna Be Your Lover



As we creep closer to the first anniversary of Prince's death, I will be celebrating his musical genius and how his music influenced me.

One of the things I admired about Prince was how he could pick up any instrument and make beautiful music with it. As someone who is highly challenged when it comes to playing any instrument, is utterly mind-boggling to me how one person can play 27 different instruments.

The man can knew his way around a drum kit, and always had a funky bass going, but I was in love with his guitar playing. Prince's guitar licks were quite unique, sometimes haunting, highly titillating, yet always amazing to hear.

The first time I heard a Prince song, I was likely much too young to be listening to Prince. In fact, I didn't even realize I was listening to a man because his falsetto was so on point. The song was, "I Wanna Be Your Lover," off the Prince album. I have been a fan ever since.




Comments

  1. Anonymous7:53 PM

    My aunt used to go crazy for this song. She is the reason that I am a Prince fan. I hate that he's gone.

    �� Eva ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that he's gone too. 😕 He provides so much of the music that I listened to over the years. Outside of Prince, Michael Jackson comes next, then Whitney, and they're all gone. It's crazy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Boy! Kal’El Joseph Riley

Terri J. Vaughn and hubby Karon Riley had a healthy baby boy last Monday. Terri spent six hours in labor and gave birth to little Kal’El Joseph Riley at 6:05 P.M.

He weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 19.5 inches long.

Congrats to the couple.

Michael Jackson: Before & After Thriller

As you may know by now, Michael Jackson will be on the December 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine. They are showcasing him 25 years after "Thriller".

I commend him on still trying to be out there after years of controversy and court cases, but I wish the man had stayed out of the plastic surgeon's office.

Here's Micheal Jackson before "Thriller"



Here's Micheal Jackson during "Thriller"



And here's Micheal Jackson 25 years after "Thriller"



Who's Bad??

Jennifer Love Hewitt Fat? Please...

Jennifer Love Hewitt fans have been dogging her out on the Net saying they can't believe she's let herself go and 'oh my God she's SO fat!'

The girl is a size freakin' 2! Are they on crack?

Oh I get it, they've finally seen some pics of a celebrity that weren't air brushed and they couldn't handle it.... let me explain: What you see on TV, in magazines and online is a bunch of lighting, air brushing and hair & make up trickery. There, carry on please.