Skip to main content

Whitney Houston 1963 – 2012 ~ R.I.P.

Whitney Houston passed away today in the Beverly Hills Hilton Hotel. A group of people in her entourage was in her room and someone eventually found her face down in the bathtub. On this day, she was to perform at Clive Davis’ pre-Grammy party. Apparently, the party is still going on while Whitney’s body is still in the hotel. #nowords

Reports say the Brandy’s brother Ray J. tried to get into Whitney’s room but security turned him away. Later, Bobbi Kristina also tried to enter her mom’s suite but she too was turned away. Fan suspect drug use as the cause of death but the family claims that Whitney was cleaning up her act. Only an autopsy will tell.

What a sad day. When will our entertainers understand that drugs will only complicate and quickly end their existence? SMH

I reminisce

Whitney Houston played a big part in the soundtrack of my life. I remember listening to her music in high school, singing along to “Saving All My Love for You,” “How Will I Know” and “Greatest Love of All.” As Whitney’s career advanced, her music continued to play an important role in my life. I remember watching her Grammy performance in 1987 with my mother, both of us singing along with the songstress. I remember commuting to college when she and Bobby got married and infusing their music into my collection.

People wondered why the two got together, but I was happy for them. They were defying the odds and it was their prerogative to live how they wanted to live. However, that euphoria was short-lived when the couple began showing up in the news for domestic violence and drug abuse. When Bobbi Kristina came into the world, I saw a happier Whitney. Light emanated from her when she would look at her daughter, and it was a beautiful thing to witness. Although I was listening to the couple’s music less, I watched the movies, wishing the two could pull it together and conquer their issues. Sadly their union ended in divorce, and Whitney’s life ended in tragedy just five years later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Boy! Kal’El Joseph Riley

Terri J. Vaughn and hubby Karon Riley had a healthy baby boy last Monday. Terri spent six hours in labor and gave birth to little Kal’El Joseph Riley at 6:05 P.M.

He weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 19.5 inches long.

Congrats to the couple.

Jennifer Love Hewitt Fat? Please...

Jennifer Love Hewitt fans have been dogging her out on the Net saying they can't believe she's let herself go and 'oh my God she's SO fat!'

The girl is a size freakin' 2! Are they on crack?

Oh I get it, they've finally seen some pics of a celebrity that weren't air brushed and they couldn't handle it.... let me explain: What you see on TV, in magazines and online is a bunch of lighting, air brushing and hair & make up trickery. There, carry on please.

Michael Jackson: Before & After Thriller

As you may know by now, Michael Jackson will be on the December 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine. They are showcasing him 25 years after "Thriller".

I commend him on still trying to be out there after years of controversy and court cases, but I wish the man had stayed out of the plastic surgeon's office.

Here's Micheal Jackson before "Thriller"



Here's Micheal Jackson during "Thriller"



And here's Micheal Jackson 25 years after "Thriller"



Who's Bad??