Max Payne Gets A Thumbs Down



Mark Wahlberg's latest flick, "Max Payne," receives less than stellar reviews from Entertainment Weekly.
Max Payne has the hollow part down pat, but there's nothing active about it. It's just a grindingly inert death-wish thriller in which Max (Mark Wahlberg), a stone-cold detective whose wife and infant were mysteriously murdered, tries to solve the crime and exact his revenge. The movie is a series of glum interrogation scenes that lead nowhere special, with a not-quite-sci-fi urban murkiness that makes it look like someone was trying to shoot Blade Runner in Cleveland.

That's too bad. I thought it would be a decent movie but I guess I'll be waiting for it to come out on DVD to check it out.

2 comments:

  1. i suspect the storyline for Max Payne is a lot more exciting when it's happening in the form of a video game... except for those few exciting parts that i already saw in the preview, it was a snoozefest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a preview for this at the movies.

    I thought the plot seemed a little insensitive with the whole idea of him trying to avenge his wife's death alongside an attractive side-kick/romantic interest.

    Please correct me if this is wrong, that's just the vibe I got from the preview!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.