Skip to main content

Barack Obama = Benedict Arnold?? Really?


So, I'm driving through Sough Carolina last week, and I see this HUGE billboard of Barack Obama and it reads: "Barack Obama, the new Benedict Arnold."

I was actually too busy reading it and saying, "OMG! WTH?" to take a photo of it (sorry), but I wanted to mention it here.

I'm actually finding it very hard to believe that I haven't seen a blog about this anywhere else because there's got to be a Barack Supporter who resides in South Carolina somewhere ... right?

I mean this thing was so obnoxious I thought it seemed way larger than the surrounding billboards (of course it wasn't), and it was prominently displayed right there on I-85 screaming, "Hey! Look at me!"

I wanted to throw an enormous tarp over it.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why Obama would be accused of having committed treason or even be linked with Benedict Arnold.

I mean do people who compare the two really know what they're talking about? Has Obama tried to trade secrets or turn the US over to a rival country? Do they really think he's plotting to sell out the US? Better yet, hasn't every president during your lifetime done it so far? *sigh*

This is just another example of the f**kery going on in politricks. I can't wait until the polls open.

"One of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain."

-James Baldwin


--------------------------
[Quick History Lesson:

Benedict Arnold was considered by many to be the best general and most accomplished leader in the Continental Army. Without Arnold's earlier contributions to their cause, the American Revolution might well have been lost. Arnold obtained command of a fort at West Point, New York, he attempted unsuccessfully to surrender the fort to the British. Thus, having switched sides, his name has become synonymous for the word
treason in the United States.]

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:56 PM

    Hello,
    We were just driving down the same stretch of road and saw the same obscenity that you did. I find it hilarious that 1)Benedict Arnold was considered to be one of the best US Generals and accomplished leaders in the Continental Army (perhaps that was the part they were intending to compare?) and 2) why not just put up a billboard saying, "Don't vote for that black man!" At least that would be honest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Boy! Kal’El Joseph Riley

Terri J. Vaughn and hubby Karon Riley had a healthy baby boy last Monday. Terri spent six hours in labor and gave birth to little Kal’El Joseph Riley at 6:05 P.M.

He weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 19.5 inches long.

Congrats to the couple.

Jennifer Love Hewitt Fat? Please...

Jennifer Love Hewitt fans have been dogging her out on the Net saying they can't believe she's let herself go and 'oh my God she's SO fat!'

The girl is a size freakin' 2! Are they on crack?

Oh I get it, they've finally seen some pics of a celebrity that weren't air brushed and they couldn't handle it.... let me explain: What you see on TV, in magazines and online is a bunch of lighting, air brushing and hair & make up trickery. There, carry on please.

Michael Jackson: Before & After Thriller

As you may know by now, Michael Jackson will be on the December 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine. They are showcasing him 25 years after "Thriller".

I commend him on still trying to be out there after years of controversy and court cases, but I wish the man had stayed out of the plastic surgeon's office.

Here's Micheal Jackson before "Thriller"



Here's Micheal Jackson during "Thriller"



And here's Micheal Jackson 25 years after "Thriller"



Who's Bad??