Skip to main content

All Around Town


So, now that I've been here a couple of days, I'm going to need to fit in some shopping.

I'm going to have to hit up the local spots as well as the malls since a sista ain't been around these parts in a while.

I did a "drive by" yesterday to check some friends and old hang out spots. Some things have definitely changed while others have stayed exactly the same.

I checked out my school (Suffolk University)...


Which is by the State House...


One thing I noticed right away was: Boston looks hella small!

Not that I didn't already know this, but after crossing the 3-4 and even 5 lanes of traffic in GA on a regular basis just to go to the store, making my way through these skinny assed two lane roads seems like torture.


A view of the street corner by my house...


This is the corner of two major streets in Boston (Mass Ave/Boylston. Doesn't really look much different right? But for my street corner to look like a major (almost) downtown intersection in Beantown is kinda strange.


And this is your average residential street view in Boston. You pretty much have to slow down and move over or completely stop to let people by because people park (or double park) on both sides of the street.

Tomorrow I'll have to swing by my BFF from High School. She's getting married soon and I need to make sure a sista is not freakng out.

So far we've been slammed by the family and I haven't had time to do much else.

I'll holla @ you guys later.

Comments

  1. Isn't that nice...taking us to Boston with you...on your vacation. Your kids have a really special Mom. Thanks for the pics. We appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from New England so I can relate to two lane roads. When I moved out to the Southwest, it was an adjustment.

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Shae-Shae! I'm enjoying your trip - this is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey all, thanks for stopping by while I'm out. I appreciate it. I am out running around daily and can only catch up late nights.

    I'm enjoying myself though. Stay tuned. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Boy! Kal’El Joseph Riley

Terri J. Vaughn and hubby Karon Riley had a healthy baby boy last Monday. Terri spent six hours in labor and gave birth to little Kal’El Joseph Riley at 6:05 P.M.

He weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 19.5 inches long.

Congrats to the couple.

Michael Jackson: Before & After Thriller

As you may know by now, Michael Jackson will be on the December 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine. They are showcasing him 25 years after "Thriller".

I commend him on still trying to be out there after years of controversy and court cases, but I wish the man had stayed out of the plastic surgeon's office.

Here's Micheal Jackson before "Thriller"



Here's Micheal Jackson during "Thriller"



And here's Micheal Jackson 25 years after "Thriller"



Who's Bad??

Jennifer Love Hewitt Fat? Please...

Jennifer Love Hewitt fans have been dogging her out on the Net saying they can't believe she's let herself go and 'oh my God she's SO fat!'

The girl is a size freakin' 2! Are they on crack?

Oh I get it, they've finally seen some pics of a celebrity that weren't air brushed and they couldn't handle it.... let me explain: What you see on TV, in magazines and online is a bunch of lighting, air brushing and hair & make up trickery. There, carry on please.