Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday: What If?

what if
Every day I see people making decisions that have high consequences and cause detrimental damage to their lives.

I tend to stop and think, "What if?" that were me? What would I do?"

There are times when I feel that I am too preoccupied with the "What ifs?" in the world, but I firmly believe that it is those very same "What ifs?" that keep me grounded.

WHAT IF:
  • I weren't afraid to go to jail? What would I get into without worry about consequences?
  • I did not know God? What types of evil would I let control me?
  • I did not have a solid background and loving family? Where would I go for comfort and love?
  • I had no self control? What types of vices would I let consume me?
  • I had no love for self? Would I be able to love my children so?
  • I did not say, "Thank you" whenever I was blessed? Would I still receive those blessings?

I am so thankful of the "What ifs?" that swirl around in my head every day.

If it weren't for them, I would probably act before thinking. I wouldn't know that by working though my selfishness I would be graciously rewarded in the long run.

If it weren't for the "What ifs?" I would probably have been to afraid to take a leap of faith and believe in God. How?

Because I often think "What if?" there is a hell and I didn't take the time to know God?

"What if?" I lived selfishly without thinking of others, would I end up alone?

Where would I be? What type of person would I be?

I really don't want to know.

But ... what if?

Click the pic to view other Thankful Thursday participants:




Comments

  1. Girl, I'm an if, could, shoulda, woulda thinking girl. I over think everything, and sometimes I need to chill and just let things be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! Got me thinking today! (Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!) Always love meeting new bloggy friends. = )

    Blessings,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post, be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you used the "what ifs" to a new dimension of thinking.

    No doubt, folk like us are blessed, and it's a mystery why more can't get a handle on their spiritual riches and move forward. It's a question I need to ask God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Boy! Kal’El Joseph Riley

Terri J. Vaughn and hubby Karon Riley had a healthy baby boy last Monday. Terri spent six hours in labor and gave birth to little Kal’El Joseph Riley at 6:05 P.M.

He weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 19.5 inches long.

Congrats to the couple.

Michael Jackson: Before & After Thriller

As you may know by now, Michael Jackson will be on the December 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine. They are showcasing him 25 years after "Thriller".

I commend him on still trying to be out there after years of controversy and court cases, but I wish the man had stayed out of the plastic surgeon's office.

Here's Micheal Jackson before "Thriller"



Here's Micheal Jackson during "Thriller"



And here's Micheal Jackson 25 years after "Thriller"



Who's Bad??

Jennifer Love Hewitt Fat? Please...

Jennifer Love Hewitt fans have been dogging her out on the Net saying they can't believe she's let herself go and 'oh my God she's SO fat!'

The girl is a size freakin' 2! Are they on crack?

Oh I get it, they've finally seen some pics of a celebrity that weren't air brushed and they couldn't handle it.... let me explain: What you see on TV, in magazines and online is a bunch of lighting, air brushing and hair & make up trickery. There, carry on please.