Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday: 4/40 Work Week




I have a lot to be thankful for on a daily basis, but this week I'm particularly thankful that my company has decided they want to "Go Green!"

  • They've released a fleet of alternative fuel trucks which will in turn cut down on the amount of environmental pollution and cut down on energy costs for the company.

  • They've finally gone paperless! OMG I remember when I joined the company, I submitted countless solutions on how we could cut the amount of paper we used, I thought my ideas were falling on deaf ears!

  • We've always recycled in the company, but they have now put more emphasis on recycling and I think the people who never recycled ever are now understanding the benefits of recycling.

  • Best of all, we are in the final stages of negotiationg a 4/40 work week. For those that are not familiar, that's a shift where you work 40 hours in 4 days and you get one extra day off during the work week!


I couldn't be more excited!! 52 extra days off to do whatever I want. It also means there would be a reduction in exhaust emissions from commuter cars. Less stress due to one less day sitting in rush hour traffic!

The benefits are enormous and I am just bouncing with anticipation. So far it's a 'go' with all the big wigs, we just have to make sure it will work for the rest of Management.

I swear, whoever doesn't agree will be on everyone's -ish list!

So as you can see, I'm very thankful to be working for a terrific company that is trying to "do good" by it's employees.

Comments

  1. I am SO feelin this post and your blog! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosheeda! I stopped by your blogs and I will be adding them to my list of blogs to check up on. I'm loving the Beauty for Ashes template.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a company!! My husbands is sort of the same but they let people do overtime on the 5th day if they want. Thanks for sharing this week - love your blog design, very cool! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's really great that your company is doing this...especially the 40/4 and the no more paper! Save trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paperless...wow! We are light years away from that in Nigeria - though I pretty much operate that way. How fantastic!
    Really feelin your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @alihsee: We have decided we'd much rather have the day off than overtime, but it is an option during holiday weeks where we'll go back to the 5 day-8 hour rule.

    @Lena: I feel they're slow on the uptake, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

    @Sharon: Write up a plan, do some research and present it to your company. You never know.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool that your company is going to a 4/40 week. I wouldn't mind doing that either. It might happen :)

    Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

    Blessings to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Boy! Kal’El Joseph Riley

Terri J. Vaughn and hubby Karon Riley had a healthy baby boy last Monday. Terri spent six hours in labor and gave birth to little Kal’El Joseph Riley at 6:05 P.M.

He weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 19.5 inches long.

Congrats to the couple.

Michael Jackson: Before & After Thriller

As you may know by now, Michael Jackson will be on the December 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine. They are showcasing him 25 years after "Thriller".

I commend him on still trying to be out there after years of controversy and court cases, but I wish the man had stayed out of the plastic surgeon's office.

Here's Micheal Jackson before "Thriller"



Here's Micheal Jackson during "Thriller"



And here's Micheal Jackson 25 years after "Thriller"



Who's Bad??

Jennifer Love Hewitt Fat? Please...

Jennifer Love Hewitt fans have been dogging her out on the Net saying they can't believe she's let herself go and 'oh my God she's SO fat!'

The girl is a size freakin' 2! Are they on crack?

Oh I get it, they've finally seen some pics of a celebrity that weren't air brushed and they couldn't handle it.... let me explain: What you see on TV, in magazines and online is a bunch of lighting, air brushing and hair & make up trickery. There, carry on please.