Spike Lee: On Jesse Jackson's Obama Comment

If you haven't heard Jesse Jackson's faux pas caught on tape, check the video below.



Spike thinks Jesse's words, regarding cutting off Obama's unmentionables, were said out of jealously.

"I’m very disappointed in Jesse Jackson. These old heads, I don't know why they're doing this stuff.

"I think jealousy has to be somewhere in there. I read today that even Jesse Jackson's son, Jesse Jr., is upset about his father's comments. There's no place for that and I think it's really making Jesse look bad. I haven't heard anybody say cut the man's nuts off but Jesse."

"In life, sometimes you have your moment. You have your window that lies upon you and then it leaves. This is not Jesse's time right now. This is Barack Obama's time, and I think he's having a problem with that."


I have to agree with Spike. I think with Jesse being from that same old school era of Andrew Young (who thinks Barack is too young for the White House) he seems to think that if you didn't come up through the Civil Rights era or through the black church, you must not have paid your dues. I mean really, what is the problem with these folks? You've had your time and now it's time to pass the torch.

Be happy that we are moving right along and continuing to make strides. I really do hate the 'crabs in a barrel' mentatliy!

The Obama campaign has accepted Jesse Jackson's apology.

Keep up the class act Barack.

3 comments:

  1. I said the same thing when this whole foolishness started. Jesse is upset that Obama has made it farther than he ever has, and the green eyed monster jumped off his tongue. It's just sad because he's such a powerful figure himself, so for him to cause controversy in what's one of our milestones in history is really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. It makes him look crazy considering he claims he's for Obama, so why the hate? I think there's a new epidemic of bitchassness bubbling over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. old jealous guy sees young dynamic guy, thinks, that should have been me. that could have been me. end of story.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.