Sherri Shepherd Apologizes for Abortion Controversy

Photo courtesy of abc.com
Sherri Shepherd Apologizes for Abortion Controversy
Did Sherri Shepherd put her foot in her mouth, share too much information, or was it all a case of the media misquoting her?

In a recent interview with Precious Times, a black Christian women's magazine, she was quoted as saying, "I've had more abortions than I can count."

Also, a the magazine alleged that she mentioned she wished Barbara Walters, her co-host on "The View," could get saved.

Last yesterday, Sherri cleared the air real quick by diving right into the dirt. She mentioned the reporter asked how she deals with her fears as a member of the show and Sherri said:

"Oh sometimes I say 'Lord, Juanita Bynum or Joyce Meyers would be so good at this table. And they could lay hands on Barbara Walters and get her saved.' It was a joke that I made. It didn't come off the way I wanted it to."

She mentioned she called Barbara in France to inform her about the quote and Barbara laughed it off.

On the subject of abortions, Sherri said explained that she'd had abortions and suffered much shame and gilt and did not know how to forgive herself. Her intentions for the remark was to encourage women have had the same experience to not be ashamed or feel guilty.

"[The reporter] didn't print the entire quote. So all it said was, "I've had more abortions than I can count."

"I had suffered from a lot of shame and guilt, and I didn't know how to forgive myself, and a wonderful woman at one of the women's conferences I speak at came to me and said, 'Sherri, you know when you get to heaven all your babies are going to be there saying, 'Hi momma.'"

"[The reporter] didn’t print the whole thing, but I just wanted people to know I wasn't being flippant about abortions."

What's your take?

Comments

  1. I don't watch the show but, I do know that talking about Barbara will have you jobless.
    If we hear Sherri is taking a few days off next week then we know she won't be coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sharon - how true! I sure hope that she doesn't lose her job. That show DESPERATELY needs some ghetto flava there to absorb all the Caucasian bullsh*t that goes on. An example? Of course, I have one. Elizabeth: "Why can't I use the N word?" HUH???????

    As for Sherri's truths, I hate MSM and any most of the others that claim "innovativeness". Editing is a dangerous tool. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I've seen The View all of three times. I saw an episode with Prince on it, I saw most of the Rosie & Elizabeth fiasco and ... well, maybe I only saw two episodes. I am not into that show at all and I'm surprised people haven't complained about it more often. Not my cup of tea at all, but I was interested to find out what happens to Sherri after this. Barbara Walters is like the Terminator when it comes to cracking jokes on her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some things about which you should not be flippant. This includes abortion.

    This is much worse than the time she said she didn't know if the world was flat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Angelika: I agree. There is too much pain in the subject and too many people who can relate. It's like a slap in the face. Not to mention it just sounds highly ignorant to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:59 PM

    Greetings! Very useful advice within this post! It is the little changes that produce the greatest changes.
    Thanks for sharing!

    my web site :: webrankcheck.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:14 AM

    It's actually a nice and useful piece of info. I'm happy that you shared this useful info with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.


    Also visit my site - http://wiki.androidfan.ru

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:33 PM

    I do not evеn know the way Ι endeԁ up right heге, but I believed this publiѕh
    was once greаt. I dο nοt reсognіze whо уοu're however certainly you're
    going to а well-known bloggeг in case you аren't already. Cheers!

    My homepage - facebook cuenta gratis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Usually I do not read article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up
    very forced me to try and do it! Your writing taste has been surprised me.
    Thanks, quite great post.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog: http://roboforum.ru/mediawiki/index.php?title=Участник:ulyssesjs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:32 PM

    I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both equаlly eduсativе аnd
    engaging, anԁ wіthоut a dоubt, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something which not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about. I'm νery happy I found thіs in mу hunt for something relating to this.


    my hοmepage :: http://3enformatics.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/accounting-information-systems-as.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:46 PM

    Article wгіting is alsо a eхсіtement, if you be
    famіlіar with afteг that you cаn ωгіte if not it is ԁifficult tο write.


    Alsо νisіt my blog pоst: crear facebook

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:49 PM

    I seldom drop cοmments, but aftеr гeаԁing somе of thе comments here "Sherri Shepherd Apologizes for Abortion Controversy".
    I do have a few questions fοr you іf you tend nоt to mind.
    Is it juѕt me or doeѕ it ѕeem liκe some οf the comments look like theу аre coming from brain dead inԁiviԁualѕ?
    :-P And, if you are ρoѕtіng at adԁitional
    sites, I'd like to follow you. Would you list of all of your public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

    Feel free to visit my blog http://www.lijit.comww.radabg.com/url/crearfacebook.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:40 AM

    Hello Theгe. I dіscovereԁ your weblog using mѕn.
    This is an extrеmely well writtеn article.
    I will be ѕuгe to bookmark it anԁ retuгn to lеаrn mοre
    of your hеlpful info. Τhank уou for
    the post. I will ceгtainlу comeback.

    Herе is my blog pοst crear facebook

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:51 AM

    Ιt's truly very difficult in this active life to listen news on TV, thus I simply use internet for that purpose, and obtain the most recent information.

    Take a look at my blog post - crear facebook gratis

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:44 AM

    I enjoy reading a poѕt that cаn make men and women think.
    Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

    Here іs my wеbsite :: www.ifsecglobal.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:30 AM

    Hey there I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you by
    accident, while I was browsing on Yahoo for something else, Anyways
    I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the moment
    but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal
    more, Please do keep up the excellent b.

    Here is my web blog: hotmail account

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment