Skip to main content

NFL Investigates Possible Gang Signs

Paul Pierce is not throwing up gang signs
The NFL has been analyzing Celtic tapes and have come to the conclusion that they need to look a little closer at the signs that players are throwing up. In particular, they mention Paul Pierce.

It's clear that he's throwing up a few signs, but are they gang related? I'm not totally convinced. Many people in Boston throw up a 'B' sign to show that they are "reppin' da Bean."

It pretty much looks like the universal sign for 'OK' but with the fingers closed rather than spread out. Is it gang related? No.

But seeing as I don't know Paul, I really can't speak for the brother and what he may or may not be reppin' cause he could be set trippin' for real. (LOL, OK that was a joke).

But now the NFL is viewing their on-field player activities to make sure none of the players are flashing the hand signals of street gangs.

I wonder if they're using this handy little guide? (The circled item is what the 'B' sign looks like). I can't even believe this chart exists...

Gang sign chart WTF

The Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday that the league had hired experts (I'd like to see who these experts are) to look at game tapes and point out players or officials who might be using 'suspected gang signals.'

This should be quite interesting. I thought there were hand signals used in various sports to show what plays should be used without giving it away to the other team. I guess the MLB should be interrogated next because they throw hand signals around as much as they do the ball.

Comments

  1. Hm. Could be a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Darius: Sure am. I am afraid to even think about what this will mean for young black players in the future. Remember all the buzz around the dress code and the elimination of the touchdown dances? LOL

    @Brotha Buck: I think it's coicidental, but who knows? Is it playa profiling? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is ignorance...even if so what they gonna do suspend them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @arychtexas: Your guess is as good as mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe the chart exist too! lol who really sat down and did the diagram on that? Anyway...and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Paul P. originally from Cali? I'm not trying to say that he's gang related but it does look a little suspect!? Oh and what happened to freedom of speech! We're hearing a lot of that lately...what, I can't rep my hood in the streets no mo'! SMH...what is the world coming to. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO Now you KNOW I thought the same thing but I had to stop myself from posting it. I asked hubby, "Isn't he from Cali?" And when he confirmed I thought... "Well, maybe he really is throwing up the Piru sign and not the Boston B." What do I know? I don't do gang signs so I would not be called in as an expert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. paul pierce outta all people should not be throwing up gang signs especially since he was most likely stabbed up for this a few years back. some people just never learn. smh!

    :::Marcus LANGFORD:::

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Boy! Kal’El Joseph Riley

Terri J. Vaughn and hubby Karon Riley had a healthy baby boy last Monday. Terri spent six hours in labor and gave birth to little Kal’El Joseph Riley at 6:05 P.M.

He weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 19.5 inches long.

Congrats to the couple.

Jennifer Love Hewitt Fat? Please...

Jennifer Love Hewitt fans have been dogging her out on the Net saying they can't believe she's let herself go and 'oh my God she's SO fat!'

The girl is a size freakin' 2! Are they on crack?

Oh I get it, they've finally seen some pics of a celebrity that weren't air brushed and they couldn't handle it.... let me explain: What you see on TV, in magazines and online is a bunch of lighting, air brushing and hair & make up trickery. There, carry on please.

Michael Jackson: Before & After Thriller

As you may know by now, Michael Jackson will be on the December 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine. They are showcasing him 25 years after "Thriller".

I commend him on still trying to be out there after years of controversy and court cases, but I wish the man had stayed out of the plastic surgeon's office.

Here's Micheal Jackson before "Thriller"



Here's Micheal Jackson during "Thriller"



And here's Micheal Jackson 25 years after "Thriller"



Who's Bad??