Skip to main content

Common Sense - It's Free...


If you come here often you know I pretty much say whatever I'm thinking, which may not be a good thing per se, but it's whatever and you all know I am a straight shooter right?

So I'm in the ladies room yesterday (don't freak out I was just brushing my teeth), and a co-worker was telling me how her clothes don't fit correctly for her shape.

She is looking in the full-length mirror on the wall, twisting & turning and trying to show me how her dresses and skirts don't hang right in the back. They hike up which makes it look like she's got too much material hanging in the front.

"What should I do?" she asked.

I just look at her with the side-eye like, "What do you mean 'what do I do?' take it to the cleaners or a tailor and get it altered."

While I admit I may have said it with the "duh" undertones, I did not actually say, "duh!" at the end of the sentence. She seemed upset anyway and I really didn't see why, so I walked out and went back to work.

That leads me to today, I see her at work and she must have gotten over the whole dress incident (and I'd bet $ she took her stuff to the nearest cleaner because it was the obvious thing to do!) and she was telling me how the scanner is broken and it doesn't scan correctly.

"What happened?" I ask.

"It doesn't feed through and it keeps eating my pages!" Can I tell y'all that she was truly beside herself about this.

I swear I tried not to give her the side-eye today but I was like, "Why not put them face down on the glass and scan page by page?"

She didn't say two words, but by the way she was slamming the pages onto the glass I figured, she's either pissed again, or she'll be paying the company for a new copy machine.

I walked away laughing. I can't help it if she's acting clueless. How do you deal with people who don't even attempt to think for themselves? It's ridiculous.

Should I not feel like these are things she should know in her 30s? Is common sense really that uncommon as they say?

Or is she just sensitive den a mofo?

Comments

  1. Now, see, I came over to tell you how funny you are when you say certain things, and here you go again - but, I can't find the original phrase that I saw you write. That irks me.

    I don't think your girl is just clueless, I think she's lazy. She got her lip bent all out of shape when you said one by one.

    You're a funny one. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I thought she was crazy. Just making sure. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I thought for a second there that you were going to tell her to go on a diet!
    Just keep handling her like you have been and she'll find someone else to bother with her mindless drivel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's just an idiot or lazy. Maybe she wanted you to compliment her or do her work for her but you set her straight, ha. She was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO @ Sue! OMG I don't know that I'm THAT bad. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not common sense she is lacking it is not thinking. She sounds like someone who needs people to think for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And who has time for that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, poor thing. I actually had a co-worker the other day who did not know you could scan the pages from the glass. I guess I must have given the "duh" look because she was pissed at me for a while afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I've been told that I expect people to know whatever I know. Hmmm... so what's wrong with that? LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stupid is, as Stupid does!
    I don't know why you even bother to "give"her the answers to her asinine questions! Next time she asks you something why not just say "I don't know". Let someone else deal with her nonsense!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like she's asking you to be her friend in a crazy sort of way. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Boy! Kal’El Joseph Riley

Terri J. Vaughn and hubby Karon Riley had a healthy baby boy last Monday. Terri spent six hours in labor and gave birth to little Kal’El Joseph Riley at 6:05 P.M.

He weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 19.5 inches long.

Congrats to the couple.

Jennifer Love Hewitt Fat? Please...

Jennifer Love Hewitt fans have been dogging her out on the Net saying they can't believe she's let herself go and 'oh my God she's SO fat!'

The girl is a size freakin' 2! Are they on crack?

Oh I get it, they've finally seen some pics of a celebrity that weren't air brushed and they couldn't handle it.... let me explain: What you see on TV, in magazines and online is a bunch of lighting, air brushing and hair & make up trickery. There, carry on please.

Michael Jackson: Before & After Thriller

As you may know by now, Michael Jackson will be on the December 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine. They are showcasing him 25 years after "Thriller".

I commend him on still trying to be out there after years of controversy and court cases, but I wish the man had stayed out of the plastic surgeon's office.

Here's Micheal Jackson before "Thriller"



Here's Micheal Jackson during "Thriller"



And here's Micheal Jackson 25 years after "Thriller"



Who's Bad??