Celeb Shorts

Cast Of "A Raisin In The Sun" Up For Emmys

A Raisin In The Sun Cast Up For An Emmy

Phylicia Rashad, Audra McDonald and Sanaa Lathan are being considered for Emmy Awards for their roles in the ABC movie version of “A Raisin In The Sun.”

If you aren’t familiar with the Broadway hit, check out the synopsis here.

Even Diddy may be up for an Emmy.

Although I can’t say I enjoyed his role (see former review post), I don’t think he completely blew chunks so I will give him kudos for being recognized for an Emmy.

Good job everyone… you too Puff.

Brokeback Mountain Makes A Comeback

Broke Back Mountain: The Musical

This will go into my WTH file…

“Brokeback Mountain,” the movie that brought Jake Gyllenhaal and the late Heath Ledger many accolades, is going to be revamped into an opera.

The NYC Opera has requested that composer Charles Wuorinen put the film to music.

It should debut sometime in 2013. I’m sure you’ll be anxiously awaiting opening nigh.


Lionel Richie Spills The Beans On Life With Nicole

Lionel & Nicole Richie

As he was honored with the Icon trophy at the TV Land Awards last weekend, Lionel Richie announced that his impressive 40-year stint in the music business should play second fiddle to his parenting. He joked about how he persevered as Nicole’s dad.

"Forget about surviving 40 years in the music business. Just surviving 27 years of Nicole Richie has been a struggle-and-a-half, I want to tell you."

"I stand here as a survivor, I want you to know, for all the parents out there.''


Lionel has stood behind Nicole 100% through her battle with alcohol, substance abuse and her 82-minute DUI lockdown last year.

Thank goodness Nicole has decided to slow it down after she and Joel Madden became parents to daughter Harlow earlier this year.

2 comments:

  1. AH! A Raisin in the Sun is my favorite play ever. I was so sad when I couldn't see it on Broadway but happy when they televised it years later.I hope they win. Lionel is funny but I am sure there is a lot of truth to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw it on Broadway either, but I loved the book. I've seen the play done by locals but no one famous.

    I hope they win too. They deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.