Blood In The Palm Of My Hand


I snuck out at 3 a.m.
To see what I could get into
I wore all black
And stayed in the shadows
And barely made a sound
I watched everything and everyone
Nothing got past me
I waited for something... or nothing
What I really did was prey

And when the chance arose
I took it without any fear
I casually strolled upon him
Close enough to hear his breath
He had no time to think or move
Before I cut his throat
I slid the knife into my pocket
And walked away without looking back
I lingered, enjoying the night’s air
Soon I headed home

I undressed in the dark and lie on my back
Thinking of the day to come
Sleep came quickly
I had no bad dreams
I had no remorse
Nothing but black around me

I awoke remembering nothing
But felt somewhat strange
I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror
Nothing looked different to me
Until strange caught my attention
The blood... in the palm of my hand

3 comments:

  1. in the words of the late rick james " COLD BLOODED!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a little scary. Who wrote it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it really scary? LOL I guess maybe a little bit.

    I'm not telling who wrote it then. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.