Buying Bulk




Years ago when I moved out on my own I took advantage of BJs Wholesale. I would buy bulk toilet paper, toothpaste, laundry detergent... anything I could find that wasn't perishable.

I'd shop like that once a month.

It cut down on my trips to the store and to the gas station. My friends & family would always stop by and ask, "Why is your linen closet stocked full of toilet paper & paper towels?" Or they'd say, "You're never going to need that much soap. Boy are they eating their words!

One marriage and two kids later, I'm still bulk buying. BJs is out of my way so I had to switch up and get a Costco card. I stock up on baby wipes (even though they are not babies anymore) but a toddler and a first grader can still get as dirty as an infant - trust me!

I've finally gotten my friends and family to catch on to the bulk shopping. We carpool and fill up carts and stuff the trunk & backseat of the car we ride in that day; they love it when I take my SUV.

The only thing you really have to watch out for is overspending. Because these wholesale stores have so much to offer, you can easily pick up lots of things and forget that you have about 40 of something in one box instead of 4. :)

1 comment:

  1. Buying bulk can actually save you a lot of money. now we can very easily find a wholesale dealer who can sell stock in bulk.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.